Letting & Management Services in Nine Elms
Comprehensive and professional, Garton Jones Nine Elms offers the following Letting & Management services:
Letting Services Only
- Garton Jones will commission professional photos and floor plans for the purpose of our online marketing and window displays.
- We will display your property in our shop window on a rotational basis with other rental properties.
- We produce an online brochure and will draft marketing details for you to approve, prior to the marketing going live.
- We will market your apartment to our existing database as well as through the main internet portals. Our database is updated daily.
- We will accompany ALL viewings and will never request that you show a prospective tenant the property yourself or send anyone into the property unaccompanied.
- Once an acceptable offer is made to you we will take an administration fee from the tenant equal to a week’s rent. This is paid in good faith and typically on the basis the property is removed from the market. We will then commence our referencing activities.
- At this time our ‘Lettings Progressors’ will start to produce and execute the legal tenancy agreement and arrange to take a security deposit against dilapidations. Standardly, this is equal to six weeks rent.
- We will liaise with you about organising a pre-tenancy clean if required as well as arranging for a check in and inventory, unless you organise these yourself. These services are subject to additional fees so please contact us to discuss.
- Once references are passed, contracts are agreed and signed we will then take the security deposit plus one month’s rent in advance and will arrange for the tenant to take possession. Some tenants will offer to pay in bigger instalments and of course these will be discussed and agreed at the point of negotiating the initial agreement.
- Pre-tenancy checks will assist in alerting you to any issues that require your attention prior to the tenancy starting.
- We will also write to your utility suppliers and the local council to assist in the transfer of these services to your tenant.
- Typically, two months before the tenancy is due to terminate, we will contact you and your tenants to determine if both parties wish to renew the tenancy agreement for a further term.
- If the tenancy comes to an end we will arrange for the tenant to be checked out and met by an inventory as per the check in. Any dilapidations, cleaning etc will be discussed to determine if there is any need to make deductions from the security deposit, and that both parties are happy.
- At the end of the tenancy we will alert the utility suppliers as well as the local council in order for them to update their records – either into a new tenant’s name or reverting to your name, whichever is appropriate at the time.
- If the tenancy renews, we will prepare and execute all renewal tenancy documentation.
- Garton Jones will collect our letting management fee from the initial monies paid to us by your tenant and typically up to the break clause in the agreement. For example if there is a 12 month agreement with a 6 month break clause, we will deduct 6 months’ worth of fees from the tenants initial monies before transferring the balance to you. We will then invoice you at 6 months for the balance of fees for the remaining term. We do not typically take fees for the full term of the contract unless it is agreed that it is a straight 12 month tenancy without a break clause. Please contact us to discuss in more detail if it’s not clear but we hope you find this fair as most of our landlords prefer to pay us this way.
Letting Only With Rent Collection
- This service will include all of the services included with a standard Letting Only service but will also include the tenant paying their rent directly to Garton Jones.
- We will chase any late or problematic rental payments on your behalf.
- If we collect the rent on your behalf, we will take our fees as we collect the rent. For example if the rent is paid monthly, we will collect our fee monthly, if it is paid if it is paid quarterly, we will collect it quarterly and so on. Letting & Full Management Service
- The fees will cover all of the above services for Letting Only and Letting & Rent Collection.
- Garton Jones will also be the point of contact for your tenant at all times, not you.
- We will carry out inspections every quarter on your property to ensure it is being looked after. This report will include photography to highlight any issues that we feel need to be addressed and we will inform you accordingly.
- We will deal with any maintenance issues reported by your tenant liaising with you at all times so you have no nasty surprises. You will have the option to approve all works required – unless it’s an emergency where an out of hours contractor has been called.
- If you have requested that we pay service charges on your behalf, usually on the basis of your property being an apartment, we will pay these charges promptly when we receive the statements from the building managers, and assuming we have funds to do so.
- We would typically request a reserve fund of £300 to be retained on account in order to deal with any maintenance issues.
- We hold a spare set of keys for all our management properties and would expect a spare set to always be made available to us.
The Next Step
Hopefully you will see from the above that all of our property management services are thorough but we are always prepared to go the extra mile if it is required so please don’t hesitate to discuss with us any requirements over and above our typical services that would help make your lives easier as landlords. This is what we are here for. Should you choose to instruct Garton Jones to act for you on the letting and maybe the letting and management of your London property we are confident you will be impressed with our common sense approach to how we run our business.